We filmed the opening then a long sequence showing one of the key ideas we are working with during the video. We used the person we intend on using as the character, and we didn't use any set dress or costumes, and we only used one location we intend on filming at.
We edited the footage after we filmed it to give it a black and white effect (a recurring motif with Corbijn and Joy Division), we also used chroma key for one of the opening shots.
This is the video.
Plus we were lucky enough to get some detailed feedback.
We also collected some feedback from a showing in our class. The feedback we got is below.
- For the bedroom scene we could show have a multilayered camera effect so signify the sence of difficulty and confusion with the protaganist.
- Ian Curtis used to have a very iconic "jigg" on stage, maybe we could replicate that in a few shots, to link/refer to his epilepsy.
- Shots of protagnist confined within a crowd.
- Increased amount of high angles used to signify his addictions power over him.
- If we use fish eye lense in our actual production we could cut between fisheye and normal lense quite rapidly, increase the sense of disorientation.