Control [Anton Corbijn]:
- The film control is a bioptic of Ian Curtis's life, Ian was Joy Division's lead singer and a large part of our idea is based upon Ian Curtis.
Requiem For A Dream [Darren Aronofsky ]:
- Requiem for a Dream is a film directed by Darren Aronofsky, the follows 4 characters as they struggle to overcome additions to drugs. Our music video is linked to this for two reasons, the first is that our music video is based on a character who is overcoming a drug addiction, the second link is that the film uses a Snorri cam, the snorri cam is a device that attaches to the chest and it creates a shot is that quite "different", For our music video i created a snorri cam to use for different aspects of the video.
Trainspotting [Danny Boyle ]:
- The film follows a character called Renton in the Edinburgh drug scene as he tries to clean up and quit drugs.
- The film has a very convincing cold turkey scene which is why our music video is linked to the film, Ourselves we are created a cold turkey scene which will be similar to the one in trainspotting.
This is England '86 [Shane Meadows] :
- This is England 86, is a social realist drama set in Sheffield, coming a bunch of young adults in everyday life in 86 and their struggle to fit into normal society.
- The setting is really in a council area which is why it is linked to our film, we intend on filming parts of our music video in areas with council flats and council housing.