New Dawn Fades
We wanted to create a concept idea and after listening to both songs and thinking of ideas we decided to work on Disorder.
Our first idea for the song
The idea is based on someone recovering from a drug addiction using the cold turkey method.
- A person stumbles out of his house and walks down a street, receiving weird looks from passing people who give him a wide berth.
- During him walking down the street, the camera will cut to isolated locations such as Ilkley Moor, Bluebell woods and Malham Cove.
- They will be uses of extreme closes up of the character showing him sweating and shaking because of him recovering from the addiction, as well as extreme long shots at the isolated locations to further the sense of isolation.
- Uses of POV Shots
- Constant fast jumpy footage
- Possible use Fish eye lens shots, Grey Scale and Colour filters.
- A idea for the end of the video is the camera cutting to Malham Cove because its extremely desolate and after this shot cutting back to the character who is collapsed on a bench.
- Diegetic opening without music, of character getting up with close ups of him sweating to show his health problems
Films to watch for inspiration,
- Cold Turkey scene from Trainspotting
- Requiem for a dream
Below are the lyrics to the song.
The lyrics are about a man with epilepsy.